Tuesday 18 September 2018

Trying something new...part one

So nice to be back on the blog again, fully admit that it was too long since the last time - apologies! 

Anyway, reason for "absence" is of course that I've been busy doing other things. So what have I been up to? Besides enjoying the last few weeks of summer holiday with my kids and for them also being back in school for a month or so, I also, purely by chance, explored a new possibility within my photographic business.

First we need to step back in time a few months to spring 2018, because that is where it all began. My daughter was about to graduate 9th grade and her class wanted to do something fun, hopefully get a lasting memory etc. My daughter, after checking with me as the good girl she is, volunteered my services as a photographer to come and take a dressing up/outrageous group portrait of her class - I think the theme to dress up like a character from a movie. So I did this with great success - happy students and teacher(s) etc. It was quite a bit of fun and I did enjoy it. Since then, my daughter, as well as comments from a few of her friends have been - oh you should be the school photographer, you'd be great at it etc. Loving the compliments of course, but put it in the back of my head.

Anyway, it was very recently, I got an e-mail from LinkedIn with a listing of potential jobs - I usually don't pay them much attention, but something caught my eye - a company looking for a school photographer in Gothenburg, which is not far away from where I live. So I clicked the link, got some pretty brief info about what it entailed and that they were looking for not just photographers, but suitable people on an hourly/part-time/full-time basis. There was a mention of a preference for "proper" photographers. So I hit the apply button, wrote a few lines, sent a long my CV etc.

Why was I even doing this one might ask? Well, my job can be lonely sometimes, even though I'm ok with that part. It is also important to not get stuck in the same "tracks" too deep so to speak, but to keep challenge yourself, and I wouldn't mind a part time job on the side for the supplemental income/additional revenue stream, social aspect or just to be doing something different at times - see this as potentially benefiting me in my main focus area.

So after having sent off my application the whole thing pretty much vanished from my brain. I was late in the application process, the year's training week had already been and so had the practical guidance period been - don't know why it still had a few days remaining open for application to be honest? 

Check back in a few days for the next part...


Ready for action!

PS. There was going to be a 2nd part to this story, but time passed and it now feels irrelevant, so there won't be one. In essence, got offered the job, but it was way way different to whatever I was potentially looking for and I wouldn't be able to fit it in to our life.

4 comments:

  1. Would love to incessantly get updated outstanding site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up, I would like to subscribe for this blog
    to obtain newest updates, so where can i do it please assist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just enter your e-mail in the box to the left a bit down on the page where it says "Follow By E-mail" and then hit the button below it that says "Get e-mail notifications".

      Delete
  3. Hello! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to give it a look.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and
    will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog
    and excellent design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Note that comments are moderated and I'll always try to do it as quick as I can. Thank You.

Copyright Claims to become MORE difficult, MORE expensive and take LONGER to resolve

Copyright Claims to become MORE difficult, MORE expensive and take LONGER to resolve Stumbled upon the news today that unfortunately, to t...